In time for MIPTV, secure this must-have intelligence on the British television landscape. World Screen’s Top 100 U.K. Channels downloadable report is your must-have guide to doing business in this expanding and dynamic market, featuring profiles of the major terrestrial broadcasters, pay-TV giants and DTT upstarts.
This comprehensive directory, available now for an introductory price of US$295 (US$250 for World Screen premium subscribers), features:
Programming Strategies: Featuring information on daytime, access and prime-time scheduling, signature franchises and the channels’ original to acquired ratio.
Contact Information: Acquisitions, commissioning and development contacts.
Market Schedule: Find out which conventions are on the planner for channels as they look to fill their programming needs.
Available Slots: Programmers discuss which areas of their schedules they
need to fill.
The Top 100 U.K. Channels guide was compiled by Jay Stuart, the author of last year’s Top 100 U.S. Cable & Satellite Channels Guide. World Screen’s special projects editor and European correspondent, Stuart has covered the international television and media business for more than two decades, during which he has been a staff overseas correspondent of Variety, editor of Television Business International and editorial director of Kagan World Media in London.
Executives interviewed for the guide include:
- Danny Cohen, Controller, BBC One
- Janice Hadlow, Controller, BBC Two
- Damian Kavanagh, Controller, CBBC
- Paul Mortimer, Channel Manager, E4 & More4
- Christian Drobnyk, Director of Entertainment, UKTV
- Jane Mote, Director of Factual & Lifestyle, UKTV
- Jason Simms, Senior VP of Global Acquisitions, Fox International Channels U.K.
- Boel Ferguson, VP & General Manager, Disney Channels UK & Ireland
- Richard Klein, Controller, BBC Four
- Cecilia Persson, VP of Programming Acquisitions & Co-productions, Turner Broadcasting EMEA
- Tina McCann, Managing Director, Nickelodeon UK
- James Newton & Jamie Morris, Director of Channels, U.K., Universal Networks International
- Adam MacDonald, VP of Programming, AETN UK
- Kathy Fairbairn, Director of Programming, Food Network
- Kerry Taylor, Senior VP & Director of Television, MTV UK
- Hannah Demidowicz, Head of Programming & Scheduling, National Geographic Channel
- Francesca Newington, Head of Children’s Channels, CSC Media
- Alina Florea, Director of Programming, Chello Zone
- Hayley Leftwich, Programming Manager, Wedding TV
- Danielle Benton, Manager, Movie & Entertainment Channels, CSC Media
- Tim MacMullen, General Manager, Extreme Sports Channel
- John Broadbent, Controller of Program Planning & Acquisitions, Movies4Men
- Basi Akpabio, Creative Director, The Africa Channel
- Jonathan Rippon, Head of Programming, Horse & Country TV
To download a sample, click here.